Re: Block Compatibility

To: frank krajewski <frankk@intap.net>
Subject: Re: Block Compatibility
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:33:14 -0700
  Well, how early is early?  I went the other way, from an 18GH to an
18V.  The GH block has studs on the mains, the GV uses bolts.  Are they
the same otherwise?  It's moot.  You don't swap main caps around without
having it line-bored.  As far as other incompatibilities go, if you want
to use the big-valve head on an early block you'll have to put reliefs
in the deck surface to clear the intakes.  5-main cranks interchange
AFAIK, so do the rods & pistons.  I'm using the GH rods & 4-ring pistons
in the GV block.  Rear rocker shaft pedestal must match the head, if the
head is an issue.  Lessee, did I forget anything????

  Cheers,

  CR

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list