Young folks and LBCs

To: Dan Hackney <danhackney@nc.rr.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Young folks and LBCs
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:44:50 -0700
Well, I have gotten my daughter and son into MGBs.  Constant lifetime
exposure coupled with a resident mechanic who works for free and has a
big supply of used parts has helped!

Both came home from the hospital in their mother's arms riding in the
'65 roadster in '74 and '76 respectively.  We had to start a tradition
despite that being a safety no-no (but it wasn't illegal then), after
that trip is was the Datsun station wagon with a car seat.

But boy, that car was better than any lullaby for getting them to
sleep!  Just placing them in the car and reving the engine while sitting
in the driveway worked.  Maybe that is how you get them to love LBCs!
Start real early.  If I ever have grandchildren I'll know what to do!

My son is deep into restoring his '64, hoping to get it into the ABFM
here July 28th.  I'm tweaking a few small things on the restored '70 GT
I found for my daughter, so she will just be able to "just drive it" for
awhile, and in a year or two we will re-do the paint.

I'm glad to see some young folks getting into these great cars.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending their money):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list