Re: Totally Dead TD

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Totally Dead TD
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 10:40:50 -0700
Hmmm, here's a thought. There should be a ground wire that leads from the
rotating plate on the distributor (it may be attached to the points screw)
to the non-rotating base. This frequently becomes frayed from constant
motion stress, and then breaks when you mess with the points. No ground = no
spark. You might want to check that this is intact. Sometimes the wire is
merely hanging on by a single strand.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149