Re: Distributors...An explaination

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributors...An explaination
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 18:35:24 -0700
Max Heim wrote:

 > OK, I'll bite... what's the "point" of buying a dual point distributor if
 > you immediately replace the points with an optical trigger?

Well for whatever reason. Lack of attention, worn bushings, whatever.  My
single point lucas failed
more than once.  So I ask you this: Why would you go from one set of points to
2?

Another thing to note which is strictly my experience, therefore part of my
reason is that my stock
dist. had a very flaky timing issue, not sure what caused it.  The clamp was
always tight.  Probably
crappy advance springs etc. I chose to do what I did for my reasons.  The only
reason I brought it
to the list was because I don't agree with throwing ill fitting, half @ss
conversion kits at a worn
out distributor.  So now for a little extra money I have what I have.
I like the looks too. :)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list