RE: Now: Black is beautiful - Was: Why is it so hard to choose

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Now: Black is beautiful - Was: Why is it so hard to choose
From: "Jerry Erbesfield" <jerbesfield@mediaone.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:32:10 -0400
Dan said:

Snip:
Gotta disagree with you here, Jerry. My black '95 VW Jetta had a new hood
and front fenders and repainted driver's door as a result of an accident,
and I can tell. Maybe it's the quality of the old paint job, but when you
look at the driver's side, you can definitely tell that the rear door and
rear fender have older paint...

Re: this whole colour thing - I think I might have a picture of a Black
Tulip roadster from the 'MG's on the Rocks' show last fall, I'll root around
for it. I agree it's a wonderful colour. I also like the BRG (late '60's
version) with a black interior with white piping. It's funny that
BRG is so associated with MG's, when so many of the early cars were Tartan
Red.  I'm planning on painting my '65 the Tartan Red, mainly because that
was the original colour and I'm trying to put it back into original
condition.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jerry's response:

Please visit this page on my website for a more detailed insight on black
and why I chose it for my B. It will address, from my perspective, all the
stuff you and other listers have had to say here about colors. Here's the
link:

http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield/black_is_beautiful.htm

If you want to see what a real Black Beauty 73 B roadster looks like, just
click on the next link to see mine:

http://people.atl.mediaone.net/jerbesfield/my73mgb.htm

Of course if everybody painted their B black, it would be a pretty boring
car - and then mine wouldn't be so special! - So onward primrose yellow,
black tulip, tartan red and BRG! Have at it you all!!!

Black IS Beautiful!

Not so much IM(H)O.

Jerry
73 B Black Beauty roadster