RE: Fuel problems continue

To: "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Fuel problems continue
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 10:05:15 -0600
I think the reason you see air in a clear filter is because of the relative
position of the
inlet and outlet.  If the inlet were at the bottom and the outlet were at the
top the air
would escape out the top of the filter, and the filter would be full of fuel.

Since most installations are nearly horizontal air gets trapped within the
filter.  This
does not mean the fuel is not passing through the filter.

If the filter appears full of fuel at some times then air appears at a later
time, I am
guessing this is because any air within the fuel (introduced by agitation in
the tank and
pumping?) may be escaping when passing through the filter????

Remember all this is coming from a guy that hated his chemistry classes ...

Larry Hoy

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list