Re: Oil Pressure Transmitter

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil Pressure Transmitter
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 10:11:17 -0700
Actually, Rick, it was me (not Andrew). And don't apologize -- I put the
word "useless" into your mouth, as it were. It turns out I pretty much agree
with your analysis, now that you explain it at length. What is "useless" is
when you can't even rely on the gauge for this "binary" info, as was the
case when trying to restart my friend's car and the electric gauge
erroneously read "0".

I suspect it really isn't that critical for the oil pressure gauge to have
instantaneous response in these cars, anyway. I have to admit I once drove
my car a 1/2 mile with no oil in the sump before I noticed the gauge
bottomed out, with no apparent ill effects (I know it wasn't an erroneous
reading because the oil was all on the driveway!).

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///