Re: E-brake 68 "B".

To: BarnOwl@world.std.com
Subject: Re: E-brake 68 "B".
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 16:28:56 -0400
Dan,
 It is as described in Bentley.
 Suggestions: Go up to the top of your jackstands to get plenty of
working room.  The cable clamp at the battery box is easier to release if
you have a thin open-end wrench for the small head on the bolt.   Be sure
that the equalising lever on the axle is free to move easily.  Greasing
the new cable is easier before it goes onto the car. Check the brake
levers to see that they move easily.  Most difficult part of the job is
reinstallation of the passenger seat (yes, it must be removed to do the
deed)
Bob
'72 GT

On Thu, 3 May 2001 15:20:58 -0400 "Dan Furbish" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>
writes:
> I have a Bentley's shop manual and have read it a few times
> as far as replacing an emergency brake cable.
> I haven't started it yet.
> I was wondering, is it a straight forward job up on jack stands,
> (no available lift) are there a few tricks I should know about ?
>
> Dan Furbish
> 68 MGBGT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list