Re: E-brake 68 "B".

To: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: E-brake 68 "B".
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 07:29:28 -0700
  All,

    When I replaced the cable in my '69 B a couple of years ago, it
turned out to be a bit too long.  I had to take up all the adjustment
range at the lever end in order to make the parking brake hold.  I asked
about it on this list and it caused a spate of msgs from others who had
run into the same problem with replacement cables from various parts
suppliers. One parts house's rep called it "specification drift" from
the manufacturer.  One "fix" that a pro MG mechanic has used is to drill
a new hole in the transmission tunnel for the fixed end anchor in order
to take up the slack.

 I don't know if the problem has been corrected by the mfr on the
current batch of cables being sold.  Sure hope so.

  Cheers,

  CR

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list