engines

To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Subject: engines
From: "M. Frankford" <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2001 11:47:01 -0500
I had some time to kill in Huntsville so I went by a local repair shop.
I remember some 10 or 15 years ago the manager had told me he had shed
full of MG engines. So as  a fluke I went by. Most were gone but he had
a rebuilt 3 main 18GA engine setting on the shelf and an 18GH with
original oil still all over it. About 5 years ago my Riley
One-Point-Five had a rod go through the block. So I picked up the 18GA
with the idea that it would easily plug into the Riley. Now the engine
doesn't have carbs so I plan to use the original H4s. My question is
what needles should I use in the H4s when feeding a stock 18GA motor?

Here is an image of the 18GH airborne as it is being removed from the
trailer. The tow vehicle is a 76 Olds with 412,000 miles. It is a
veteran when it comes to towing Rileys, MGs, and various assorted parts.

http://alanet.net/~martin/engines.jpg
--
                                      ?
                                 ___[|]___