MGB convertible top frame fitting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB convertible top frame fitting
From: PBoothLNA@aol.com
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 13:18:46 EDT
Hi All,

I have a 64 MGB with the occasional pack away split convertible top frame. I
wish to convert to the more useable folding scissor type gray frame
appropriate for this year of MGB.

I have two question which I hope you folks on the list may be able to answer
for me:

a. Will my current top (goes with he pack away frame) fit the new folding
scissor type frame?

b. How do I go about fitting the frame to a car that has never had a folding
frame. I have removed the rear trim panels and there doesn't appear to be any
holes or other fittings that the frame would fix to. The only captive nuts I
see are those for the sockets that the tonnue bars would slide into (or the
old pack away frame).

TIA,

Paul Booth.
64 MGB