repairing the turn switch plastic handle.

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: repairing the turn switch plastic handle.
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 5 May 2001 20:02:47 -0400 (EDT)
I had the experience of the turn-signal plastic handle breaking off.
Here's how I fixed it.
1. I melted the broken edges in xylene, a wonderful and toxic to kidney
solvent that I use in my lab, and clamped the 2 pieces together. It seemed
to hold.
2. The hole in the handle was  packed with 2-part epoxy...mixed...and I
shoved it onto the metal part of the turn signal handle.  After curing it
for about 24 hrs., I took the car for a spin and flicked the handle up and
down and back and forth and up and ....  It held.

At least for the next 3 days(bringing me up to today), the handle has held
on all left turns, right turns, high/low headlight beam exchange.

I guess I'll be optimistic that it will hold for the summer, but I will
certainly know shortly.

Bill S
'76B

///