Re: What are you going to do?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What are you going to do?
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 02:35:59 +0000

Rick Brown wrote:

> OK Eric Now tell us how long it REALLY took!!! :)

Gee, thanks Rick... and I thought I could silently skulk off into a
corner without letting on!

If you wonder why my search for new tyres (or bigger, stickier, used
tyres) seemed a little more urgent, you now know. I *didn't* break
1:36:00 - in fact I was almost half a second slower than my previous
'official' best of 1:36.72 only pulling together a best lap time of
1:37.11 while others managed to match or better their previous best (so
I can't blame the track, weather, wind or whatever).

I got so used to matching and or bettering my times each meeting that
this result really took the edge off what is meant to be a fun day out.
I really *do* have to shave some off this competitive edge of mine. Next
time, though, I will have tyres that will keep me on the right lines at
my new speeds and will keep me on the track stop me smoking my tyres at
the most inappropriate moments :-)

Apart from that, it was lovely weather for a drive (a bit on the chilly
side driving the 1 hour out in the early morning and back late that
night after the festivities, but fine and dry).  It can only get worse
as we head into Winter here.

I must take a few more country drives and start enjoying my little car
more again.

Next month we have our MG Challenge at Winton in Victoria (always a
battle between the States) where we South Australians will regain the
trophy.  Before then I will be Steward at a rally out the other side of
our famous Barossa Valley wine district (a nice drive in the 'B) and an
official at the Rally of SA... so if you ask me what *I* am doing on any
given weekend, expect me to say...

MOTORSPORT!

;-)

Eric