Re: Wadsworth, OH Brit car show

To: "Gordon Bird" <gordonbird@flashmail.com>, "MG List"
Subject: Re: Wadsworth, OH Brit car show
From: Steve Morris <smorris@en.com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:11:47 -0400
On 5/8/01 8:07 AM, Gordon Bird  <gordonbird@flashmail.com> wrote:

>It was a great show, great cars, weather, rallye, and our own lister Steve
>Morris took a 3rd in the MGA catagory!  Congrats Steve, it was great to meet
>you.

Hey, thanks! It was great to meet you guys, too, and I hope the cold ones
were still cold when you got to them. Looked like you and Jeff were doing
a booming business. I want to thank Jeff for going out of his way for a
customer. I emailed him the night before he left for the show and had
already packed, requesting a couple of parts. Jeff found the parts for
me, and had them ready bright and early show day. Thanks, Jeff!

Yep, there were some mighty fine cars there, and the weather couldn't
have been nicer.

Ed: I met Carlos, and another fellow from Chicago with their Healey
3000s. Very nice guys, and Carlos took first in his very large class of
3000s. Plus those two, and another six or seven others were back beside
the hotel, and away from the first batch of the same class. Kinda weird
not having them all together, but I think they had more non-registered
cars than they expected. I already had my vote for AH3000 until I saw
Carlos' car, and I switched it even before I found out who he was.

Jim, Sr.: I looked for you, but didn't find you. Sorry to have missed
putting a face to a name.

I also met fellow lister Don Stewart from the Pittsburg club in his Alamo
Beige MGA. Nice color! Much better than photo's I've seen. I was going to
pick up a Pittsburg Vintage race flyer, but forgot to come back and see
you. Say "Hi" to Brock for me, and tell him his car is in good hands.

Any MGA class with Tom Ball present, and you know where 1st place is
going. His car attracts quite a crowd, and whether you are a stickler for
originality, or just want to have a fun car, you have to admit he has put
a lot of time in the car. With half the crowd taking Tom's tour of his
car on one side of me, and the rest looking at the tricked out Healey
100M on the other side, I'm surprised anyone saw my car at all. They all
had their back to it! I'm not sure, but I think the gorgeous black MGA
Coupe took 2nd. No Twin Cams present, nor Deluxes. Don's MGA, as well as
a red one, and a RHD green car were great examples of the model.

Anyway, it was meet the gang and look at some great cars. Thanks again,
Gordie, and great to talk to you.

Steve

Steve Morris     Avon, Ohio
1958 MGA 1500    Red/Black