Windscreen washer fluid trivia

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Windscreen washer fluid trivia
From: Mowog1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:50:49 EDT
Yo chaps!  I contacted Geoff Allen who worked at the Abingdon asembly plant
for some 26 years....Following is his comment:

Hi Rick,

    Re the screenwash liquid, we only ever used  plain water in the washer
bottles, this was to set the jets and check that the pump was operating
correctly.

    On export models the water was emptied out before despatch  in case of
frost to protect the bottle.  I think that home market models were filled
with cleaning fluid by the agent or dealer retailing the car, during the pre
delivery check over.  It probably depended on the dealers stock which type
was used at the time.

   So your supposition is correct the factory used water.

    Best wishes to you all, Keep on roarbling,

    Geoff.

Hope this helps!

rick ingram
78 mgb