Re: Give me the strength..............

To: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>
Subject: Re: Give me the strength..............
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:41:45 -0700
That's nothin'!  Just wait until a ball of molten steel lands on the top
of your head!

I finally went to my FLWS (favorite local welding supplier) and bought a
couple  of the cotton "funny hats" welders wear under the mask (just go
in and ask for one).  They also work great for keeping your hair
reasonably clean when lying on your back under the car, and they stay
on!

I also bought a "funny jacket," a heavy pig skin affair with sleeves,
collar and a body that is only chest high.  This works well to protect
you when welding under the car.  You are supposed to wear heavy cotton
overalls while welding too, but I haven't gone this route yet.

Remember that arc welding generates a lot of UV radiation, and you
should keep all skin covered for that reason alone.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list