Give me the strength..............

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Give me the strength..............
From: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:14:59 -0500
...oh Gracious Lord MOWOG to continue the work upon my example of your
creations. Over the last three weeks you have looked down on me as I replaced
the rear valance, passenger side floor, rocker panel and dog leg.

Look upon me kindly as I now start upon the drivers side panels, give me the
strength to ignore the aches and pains of overworked joints and muscles.

Look upon me with forgiveness as I spout forth another stream of impolite
language upon being doused with yet another shower of weld splatter underneath
the car.

Understand that I do not mean what I just said about the car upon scraping my
arm across the same sharp metal edge I have been cutting myself on all day.

Above all, give me the strength to forgive the DPO who seems to have removed
both floor pans and rocker panels before buying the new panels thereby leaving
areas where I have to make up patches to replace missing metal without being
able to reference the other side of the car because he also cut that off!

---------------------------------------

Hope this isn't considered a waste of bandwidth, just couldn't resist!

Buying an abandoned project and putting another car back on the road is
something I am very glad we did, but I really do wish the DPO hadn't cut the
rusty metal out before I got the car. It's very difficult replacing panels
when you don't have one on the other side to reference to! I can say though -
even if I haven't got the passenger side right, at least the drivers side will
match it! <g>

To reassure those who have done sill repairs etc - I must have checked the
body was level, square and didn't sag in the middle and that the door gaps
were right a dozen times before I took the welder to it for the first time!

Now if people can just remind me of the joys of driving their MGBs to give me
something to look forward to while I am underneath the car getting covered in
weld splatter I would really appreciate it! <g>.

MikeB

1965 MGB getting closer to ressurection.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list