MGB Oil Filter

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Oil Filter
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 08:32:22 -0500
No I'm not going to start another thread about which filter is best.

Last night I was looking at the engine I removed from my 74 B.  The oil
filter on this engine hangs down.  I have 2 other MGB engines in the garage,
one from a 74 and one from a 75.  Both of these engines have the filter
pointing up.  I checked the engine number on the one hanging down, and the
engine is correct for the 1974 year car.  Does anyone know why the
difference?  All three engines were equipped with the oil cooler.  The
hanging down filter is considerably smaller diameter then the pointing up
filters.  The two 74 MGBs I have are less than 1000 different in serial
number, but the oil filters are different.

Any guesses??????

Thanks,

Ken

///