Help needed !!! Please! FREE BEER!

To: <MGS@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help needed !!! Please! FREE BEER!
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 10:25:22 -0400
Hello again.
Well my problems continue (and I think most are self inflicted). To rehash,
I have a '78 B that continues to run rough. It started with a fluxuating
idle and some sight missing when at speed (ok, ok... speed may not be the
relative term in a B :-). Then it progressed to a point where it would not
crank for a hour or so after shut down. I have changes the coil, the plugs,
the pug wires, reset the points (yep it is not an electronic dist) rebuilt
the carb, reset the choke and the idle speed, verified and reset the timing
to 10 degrees BTDC, reconnected the crank vent tube to the carb, reconnected
the vac advance to the dist (both of which the PO had removed. Why?), tried
to set the fuel/air mix without an analyzer, but I don't think I have that
even close. Now it running rougher than ever. It idles just fine but misses
a lot when under acceleration.

I am truly getting a bit frustrated and I'm on the verge of taking it to a
shop (none of which are real close) and telling them to make the
adjustments, but it money I don't want to spend and I get no experience and
knowledge doing it that way.

So, anyone have any advice? Or is anyone in the North Atlanta area and
willing to lend me a few hours of their time to show me what I am doing
wrong.
I'll furnish the beer if you can help!!!

I can figure out complicated computer network problems and develop state of
the art web sites, but with my LBC I am a humbled, no skilled, amateur it
seems.

Greg Bass

"What sets us against one another is
  not our aims--they all come to the same