RE: MGBGT hot (not)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGBGT hot (not)
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 11:35:37 -0700
Sorry, lost the original poster.

One of the reasons I scrapped my 68 MGBGT V6 was that I in my infinite
wisdom had put a sunroof in it.  Everything else I had done to the car was
reversible, but cutting a hole in the roof.

The extra light was nice, but the thing leaked water and did not do much in
the way of ventilation.  The rear quarterlights allowed more air flow.

I tend to agree that even with bronze tint the sunroof made the inside of
the car hotter.

Using modern components AC is feasible and something I may be looking into
some day.

Kelvin.

currently putting together a 73 MGBGT daily driver without sunroof.

> In a message dated 5/23/01 6:03:44 AM Central Daylight Time,
> BarnOwl@world.std.com writes:
>
> << , but it is quite warm driving a GT  even with these
>  New England summers >>
> BTW, I don't think a sunroof will solve your problem, it will
> only let in
> sun, etc.  We have electric sunroofs on some of our cars and
> don't use them
> much except at night.
>
> mel

///