RE: MGBGT hot (not)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: MGBGT hot (not)
From: "Harold W. Roeth" <hroldlbt@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 14:44:41 -0400
At 5:04 AM -0600 5/23/01,  Martin <martin@virtual-motors.com> wrote:
>I have a Riley One-Point-Five. For all intents and purposes it shares a
>common engine with the MGA.
>My 1500 engine threw a rod through both sides of the block. I found a 3
>main 1800 donor.
>I have some questions about swapping motors. Can I use the flywheel and
>back plate from
>the 1500 motor on the 1800. Other than also swapping the front plate, is
>there any other
>concerns I should be aware of?

Contact Steve Chaffee at <s.l.chaffee@worldnet.att.net>. He heads the
MGA 1800 Interest Group for NAMGAR and can answer all your questions
about this subject. Not sure if you are member of NAMGAR, (if not,
please consider joining and registering your MGA) but Steve had an
article on this subject in NAMGAR's bimonthly magazine MGA! several
issues ago. There have been other articles on various aspects of
converting in past issues. Copies of all these articles are available
for a nominal fee to NAMGAR members. Future issues of MGA! Will
continue to have "conversion" articles.

--
Hal Roeth
Editor/Publisher, MGA! Magazine