Diff drain plug square tool size

To: "MGs (E-mail)" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Diff drain plug square tool size
From: scott beavis <sbeavis@solartronanalytical.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 17:23:46 +0100
Quick question! What size is the square hole in the diff drain/fill plugs. I
tried to get up underneath the back end and use some internal calipers and
they pointed at 1/2". Looks like a may be able to just use my 1/2" drive
socket set without a socket. Failing that I'll have to grind down a large
bolt or something into a square shaped special tool. I am planning on
topping up the diff 80W oil this weekend. One day I'll also get round to
putting some 20W50 in the 'box/OD.

Scott

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com