Stainless braided brake lines--OK for street?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stainless braided brake lines--OK for street?
From: "Keith Gernert" <kgernert@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 09:52:18 -0400
Hi all,

I've noticed that the catalog listings for stainless steel braided brake hoses
usually say "for off-road use only".  My question is, why?  Is it just because
they are so different from the original equipment hoses that they have not been
(US) government approved?  Or do they cause the brakes to exhibit behavior that
is undesirable for street use (although I can't imagine what that would be)?

--
Keith Gernert
79 MGB

///