Re: OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful

To: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Subject: Re: OK, My Fuel Pump Isn't Awful
From: Bill Gilroy <w.gilroy@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2001 23:22:38 -0400
Hello Tomsaudi200,

Friday, June 08, 2001, 11:13:38 PM, you wrote:

Tac> Now, imagine how incredulous I was when my mechanic calls me this morning.

Tac> "Hi Tom. The Midget is fine, it was just out of gas."
Tac> "How is that possible? It was showing half a tankful."
Tac> "Yes, I saw that two, but it was completely out of gas. We put in a
tankful
Tac> and it started right up. That'll be $12.00"

Tac> What's happening here? When I picked up the car, it was showing a full
tank.
Tac> Does this mean when I am showing half a tank, it is in fact empty? Is this
Tac> just a glitch, or will it work itself out?

Whoops!  BTDT.  One of my cars goes from full to 1/4, and 1/4 is
really empty.  Ask Frank, I was on my way to his house and ran out of
gas about 200 feet south of the Toms River toll booth.  I live with it
in that car and just fill up at a hair above a 1/4.  My MG goes from full
to almost empty.

Check the mileage and see how much gas you are using.  Maybe full on
the gauge = 3/4.  I sure some lister will tell you how to fix the
sender/gauge if it really bothers you.

--
Best regards,
 Bill                            mailto:w.gilroy@verizon.net