Re: Electric Fans

To: Brian Swearingen <woodysfj40@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Electric Fans
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 20:24:29 -0400
Hi Brian,

      I've been undoing DPO things to my 77B for a couple of years now.  One of
the most recent has been to install the proper radiator and both fans.  Yes,
indeed, they are loud  You might want to consider installing a relay to handle
the fan current.  Both fans together will draw a total of about 8 amps after the
initial surge.  Depending upon your wiring, the fan current may tend to cause a
drop in the voltage in your ignition circuit.

    The fans are working fine at keeping the needle out of the red when stuck in
a traffic jam on a warm day.  The thermo-switch doesn't close until 190F, so the
needle is only a few needle widths below the red zone.

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/

///