Fwd: To the Doubters of the LeMan MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: To the Doubters of the LeMan MG's
From: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:21:52 EDT
From: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Full-name: Tomsaudi200
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 03:18:24 EDT
Subject: To the Doubters of the LeMan MG's
To: mgs@auto.team.net

Well, there was some talk here, and in other circles that basically revolved
around "Well yeah, the LeMans racer is labeled an MG, but I dunno."

Well, we now have proof the LMP675 class MG-Lola's are truly MG's. The first
car retired due to electrical failure. The second car, after pulling into the
garage for a driver, left with a new driver, and who could guess it, the car
had leaked oil. Now, I dare anyone one of you to tell me that was NOT an MG
on the track.

To their credit, while running, the MG's were extremely fast, and led their
class easily. I also have to give credit to the MG crew, who worked
feverishly to get their car back on track again. For a race as demanding as
LeMans, this car was developed in a very short period of time, with very
little practice. That the cars were so quick shows the awesome potential they
have. I was also encouraged to hear about the possibility of the MG-Lola's
entering the American LeMans Series racing program.

Cheers,
Tom

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list