Re: Fwd: To the Doubters of the LeMan MG's

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fwd: To the Doubters of the LeMan MG's
From: "Jeff Fayne" <fayne@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 09:06:52 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Rick Brown" <brown409@home.com>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 5:15 AM

> Tomsaudi200@aol.com wrote:
>

> > Well, there was some talk here, and in other circles that basically
revolved
> > around "Well yeah, the LeMans racer is labeled an MG, but I dunno."
> >

> Yesterday I was walking through the Sears TV dept and on the big screen,
and all
> the other screens, was the 24 Heures du Mans - at that particular time
they had
> the cameras trained on the MG pits. I happened to be wearing an MG T-shirt
with a
> Large MG  Octagon on the back.  Maybe it was my imagination but I could
feel the
> people around me looking at that Octagon and at the Screens showing that
same
> Octagon....Felt good to see the MG Logo on TV!

I've been listening to Radio LeMans via the web for most of the race (No
Speedvision, thank god for the web). The general consensus of the announcers
and the competitors they interviewed is that MG has made an outstanding
return to LeMans and are a force to be reckoned with in the future. At one
point MG was outlapping the race winning Audi's by 18 seconds per lap, this
was at night and in the rain.

A MG entry in the American LeMans series would be very cool as well...

Some photos:

http://www.club-arnage.com/lm01/gallery/Race/Pre-race/image7.htm

http://www.club-arnage.com/lm01/gallery/Race/Race2/image4.htm

http://www.club-arnage.com/lm01/gallery/Race/Race4/image7.htm