Re: Convertible top frame woes

To: wbrien@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Convertible top frame woes
From: rkegg@juno.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 15:56:20 -0400
Will,
        Fortunately, there is another answer. I had a simlar problem with my
MGA. Eastwood sells a tool called "The Nutter". It looks like a big pop
riveter, but it uses special threaded inserts. You can drill a blind
hole, and install a threaded insert. Or you can place an insert into the
existing hole. The threads are flush mounted, and install much like a
rivet.  They install tight, and are strong enough to support the top. I
used this tool on my MGA a couple of years ago, and it works great. The
only bad part is that you have to buy the tool. It costs sixty or seventy
dollars. But it beats cutting and welding.........

Randy Kegg