Re: Remote Oil filter kits.

To: Larry <larry@larryembrey.com>, mg list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Remote Oil filter kits.
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:44:41 -0700
Good advice.  I've got one of these on the Vanagon, and I now use SS
braided lines from Earl's Performance Products.  This is after the
original no-brand steel braided rubber hoses got brittle and blew after
about 40,000 miles, leaving me stranded.  It's hard to tell the
condition of these things under the braid.

Earl's are high performance, high temp lines, and thinner than rubber
braided lines so are easier to route.  Check them out at
http://earlsperformance.com (very expensive, about $8 a foot). I used
the 7/16" line with standard barbed fittings and clamps.  Use Earl's
fittings if looks are important, they are beautiful.  This hose is worth
the price, IMHO.

Also, be careful not to over tighten the fittings in the bypass adapter,
they can crack. Use teflon tape and be firm but gentle!.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list