Re: MGB Heater box removal/refit

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Heater box removal/refit
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:53:39 -0700
Wow, someone actually RTFM!!!

I can see how this would avoid kinking the cable sheath, the wire alone
is much thinner.  For installation you'd thread the wire through the
bulkhead, connect it to the heater, and then install the heater.  After
that slide the sheath on the wire and tighten the clamp through the
vent, I would guess.  I couldn't figure out how you would ever feed that
wire into the pivot pin that clamps it once the heater was installed.
Obviously, you don't.

I just installed a new heater on the '70 GT, and kinked it twice before
I was somehow able to slide it in without bending it too far.

Why is it I never reach for the manual when I'm in the middle of really
struggling with something?

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Personal mechanic for:
'70 MGB GT (Daughter's)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Was daughter's, now son's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list