Re: Close call, literally [OT]

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Close call, literally [OT]
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2001 16:10:41 -0700
Good story! Back when my wife had a series of Honda 600s (the two-cylinder
chain-drive sedans), there was this informal club of owners that would meet
occasionally. A featured event of these get-togethers was the "thrasher
run", where the whole crew would play follow-the-leader "Italian Job"-style,
driving on the sidewalks and slaloming through the parking lots of vacant
industrial parks, zigzagging through construction cones, and on one
occasion, getting airborne where the road to the Alviso Marina went over the
dike. Despite a mere 36hp, the tiny beasts were light enough to get some
serious air. Landings, however, were a little rough, with 10-inch wheels and
all the suspension travel of an RC model. Fun cars, though -- like a
Spridget, you could be wide open in 3rd, doing all of 40mph, and feel like
you were racing flat out, but except for the noise, no one else paid any
attention (except for "Did you see that cute little car, honey?").

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///