Re: 6. What do Fuel Octane ratings really indicate

To: "Mike Winney" <mgb@cableone.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 6. What do Fuel Octane ratings really indicate
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 19:41:06 +0100
That's a little excessive IMHO.  Having just spent a week climbing mountain
passes in the Lake District (yeah, I know, but it has mountains as well) and
Scotland I was getting pinking which I don't get around home or pretty-well
anywhere else in England.  I retarded the ignition.  Now I am back home I
shall advance it again to restore the performance.

PaulH.