Re: Anybody know anything about exhaust analyzers? (GUNSON)

To: "Eddie Sheffield" <esheffield@prizmail.com>, <LBCarCoMail@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Anybody know anything about exhaust analyzers? (GUNSON)
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 19:58:08 +0100
I've got the Gunsons standard model - the Pro just looks to include volt and
dwell meters etc.  My Gunsons is over-reads by about 2% which is a huge
amount.  I have to have an annual emissions check on the V8 so adjust it to
the Gunsons (4.5%) then get a print-out from the testing station that shows
1.9%!  It runs poorly like that, so I use the Gunsons to adjust it to about
6% and hope I am still within 4.5%.

You have to adjust the carbs by the normal means to get the correct
*balance* of air and mixture (i.e. irrespective of CO), then adjust both
mixtures by the same amount in the same direction to get the correct CO
reading.

PaulH.