MG wreck: LH door needed & colour selection

Subject: MG wreck: LH door needed & colour selection
From: "Mark Dawson" <torchbone@bright.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 10:26:15 -0400
Hi there,

First off, I think I need a LH door - anyone have a decent one laying about?
Also a '75 boot lid?

Secondly, since I have to repaint my '75 B after the wreck, I thought I'd
paint it a colour that I like. It is currently supposedly Tr*umph French
Blue, and was originally Tundra. Please forgive me, but I don't want to
repaint it the original colour, no offense to those of you (both of you) who
have Tundra B's.

I kinda like yellow. The 1980 Sale brochure:
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/1980mgb-brochure/index.html

...has a good yellow
http://www.mgcars.org.uk/1980mgb-brochure/mgbpg2.jpg

...(does the purple/brunette come with it?), but I can't tell, from the
various paint guides, which yellow that is. Can somebody help me out? I have
found various examples of Snapdragon, Inca, and Bronze on the Web, but they
seem to conflict. For example, is the yellow B in this page:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/1980mgb-brochure/mgbpg10.jpg

...the SAME as the previous link? (the purple/brunette is the same
colour...) The shade looks different (and I don't like the second shade).

If somebody could say "that first B is a _____ yellow, and here is another
example" that would be great.

In other news from the wreck, although only the door, rocker, and rear
fender were damaged, the first body shop estimate came it at $4300, which is
$1800 more than I paid for the entire car.

-Mark
Topless Smurf ('75 MGB):
http://www.bones.org/torch/photos/mgb/mark_mgb_1.html
Mark Dawson
Manager
The Roundtown Cafi      http://www.roundtowncafe.com
Personal Web Page       http://www.bones.org/torch/

        234 N. Court St., Circleville, Ohio, 43113
                   740-474-8666

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which had a
name of winmail.dat]

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list