Re: Ground problems

To: "Chris Chandler" <barak@voyager.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ground problems
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 19:45:54 +0100
A bit late but might be useful.

The standard fixing pulls the lamp unit down onto the foam and down onto the
wing/fender.  However I found that fully tightened down the chrome surround
then dug into the paint.  So I ran a nut on to each stud before fitting it
so I could clamp the base solidly to the wing and get  a good ground as well
as the correct clearance for the chrome surround.  This left a surprisingly
large gap between base and wing, so I put in another two or three foams.

PaulH.