4th of July parade

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 4th of July parade
From: <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2001 12:27:01 -0700 (PDT)
So, every year the small town of Johnson Washington does an improptu
parade (the only rule is that it starts at 10, and you have to be at
the starting field to get in on it).  This is the first time in the
five years of living on the Palouse that I have gone to see it.

I had the only MG, and since I wanted to _see_ the parade, I didn't
partake in it.  Next year I will be, proudly waving both the stars and
stripes AND the union jack.

Since this is wheat country, we had our share of Tractors and older
American cars.  They were nice and all, but I was riveted to the small
group of European cars intermingled within the croud.

I didn't get any names unfortunately...
There was one very nice Bentley, driven by an older man.  He had taken
out the passenger seat so his St. Bernard could ride along.
There was one mechanically sound TR3.  Neat cars I must say, though I
would still prefer an AH frogeye.  The body was needing major work,
but was rust free.
Also, there were 2 (two?!) TR6's, one yellow, one silver.  Only the
yellow one was in the parade, and I got to talk with them.  Nice cars
actually, wouldn't mind one so much.  Also got to explain the dynamics
of Constant Depression carbs too, that was pretty cool.  They all
managed to get their tops down too!
Finally, there were two Volvo's from the Pullman area.  I don't
remember the model of one of them, but the other was a 1971 1800
coupe, with mechanical fuel injection.  Wow, what a car!

In short, a lovely parade, looking forward to next year, when I join
in.  Oh, and one last thing.  While driving back to Pullman (and
taking full advantage of my overdrive), I followed a stunning example
of a Toyota Camry too!  (sorry, couldn't resist :)

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///