Re: Miata engines in MGs?

To: Dave Tietz <mgcats@ij.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Miata engines in MGs?
From: Barrie Robinson <barrier@bconnex.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 19:32:28 -0400
Dave,

Actually the MGB did not have a "chick-car" image in Britain or in the Far
East - from my experience.  The MGB TC was the car the Spitfire pilots
drove - my god, how less chick-car image can you get?.  The TD was a bit
"softer" but so was every other car.  In the Far East where I raced TDs -
slow speed and all, they were regarded as "sports"cars (I gave way and
turned to TR2s!) - but the MG was always a man's car - Now Sunbeam Alpine -
that's a different story!  But in the States? I have no idea, I used to
laugh at people who thought the XK120 was a "small" English car !!

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list