Re: Miata engines in MGs?

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Miata engines in MGs?
From: <aaronw@wsu.edu>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 21:56:18 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 8 Jul 2001, Max Heim wrote:

> on 7/7/01 2:54 PM, Dave Tietz at mgcats@ij.net wrote:
>
> > The MGB was, and the Miata is, the
> > underdog of the sports car world
>
> I'm just curious what you were thinking of when you wrote the statement
> above. Each of these cars is/was the world's largest selling sports car of
> its time, so where does the "underdog" come in?

Nobody expected them to take off like they did?  Maybe not in the case
of the B (I can't even comment here, my late model B is older than I
am), but Mazda was IIRC "crazy" to think that the MX5 would take off like
it did.

--
Aaron Whiteman -- Thoughts of graduation vaguely apply.
 My opinions are mine and do not reflect the views of the University.

///