Re: Need help from 1975 Midget owner

To: ET Piano <etpiano@excite.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need help from 1975 Midget owner
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 16:44:52 -0700 (PDT)
First and foremost, The radiators changed in Oct. of 75 and many were
recalled for retrofitting. I will say DO NOT PUT THE SMALLER 75 RADIATOR IN
THAT CAR!!!
You can see the differences by the added 3" to the passenger side of the
car.
The smaller rad. is insufficient for cooling the 1500 engine!! I am not
joking about this. Don't go cheap on the rad. over a couple of bucks...it
will cost you alot in the long run.

Good luck!
Dan Dwelley

On Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:36:17 -0700 (PDT), ET Piano wrote:

>  If any owner of a 1975 model year Midget could run some measurements on
his
>  or her radiator, I would be grateful. Specifically, I'd like to know the
>  overall dimensions of the 1975 radiator; the outside diameter and
placement
>  of the hose connections on the right-hand side (left hand as you are
facing
>  the front of the car).
>
>  The good folks at Moss Motors tell me these are the points at which the
1975
>  model year and the 1976 model year and later radiators differ.
>
>  So I'm thinking if the differences are small enough, I might be able to
get
>  away with putting a  $187 1975 radiator from Moss in place of  a 1976+.
>
>  Else, I'm looking at importing from either Brown and Gammons or Sussex
>  classic car parts -- provided I can get assurances that the stock in
>  question is the right year. So far, one US company corresponds the OEM
stock
>  number of NRP1028 with the Moss number for the 1975 model. The UK
>  distributors don't seem to diferentiate between the two types.
>
>  If anyone has the original parts catalog for a 1976 and later Midget and
>  could confirm the part number, I will be grateful.
>
>  Also, Gary Breeback, check your email, dude. I'm trying to drop you a
>  message.
>
>  Thanks,
>  Rick Griffiths,
>  Lutherville, MD