e-Bay

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: e-Bay
From: MGTD1952@cs.com
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 06:20:36 EDT
My $.02.

e-Bay is great for finding stuff for our cars, but you need to be a smart
(and wary) bidder.

E.g., a spare tire securing bolt (which Moss sells for $9) was recently
offered.  It was used, in okay shape not great, bidding started at 2.99, so I
jumped in for $4 (shipping was resonbale too).  It ultimately sold for over
$12.

I also bought some floorpans from "redqueen" who was discussed (and cussed)
in prior posts.  Took a while (2 months) but after a few follow ups, I got
'em about 3 weeks ago.  They're great, and the price was right.  He did say
in his auction description that he was a very slow shipper, so I wasn't upset.

Finally (and my personal favorite), I recently added a 69 B w/overdrive to
the collection.  Someone listed an MGB-C Overdrive Manual, and listed it as a
Dealer Service manual, 22 pages of clear pictures, yadda, yadda...  Bidding
started at $6.99, but I figured for an original dealer manual, I'd go to $20.
 I won, and 5 days later, received A PHOTOCOPY!!!!!!!!!! Needless to say, I
was a bit ticked.  The seller, however, was more than happy to refund my
money (and shipping) after I contacted him.  I'll stick with Bentley (and
this list) should I ever need o/d advice.

So, bottom line, buyer beware applies in spades on e-Bay, but if you keep
your guard up, you can get some decent deals.

...rant off.....

Steve in NJ

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list