Tranny installation

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tranny installation
From: "COSTICH,ALAN (Non-HP-USA,ex1)" <alan_costich2@non.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 07:51:59 -0700
Had to yank the motor out my 68 bgt last night. Spun a bearing. Decided to
try pulling the motor sans tranny for a change. Well, it can be done. Now,
I'm pretty sure it won't go back in the same way. I have an extended sump
that won't easily clear the front cross member. I was attempting to avoid
the struggle of bolting up the rear tranny mount. Guess I'll have to drop
the tranny anyway.

So, the question is, how was it done in the factory? I can't believe they
had to struggle like we do to get motor/tranny bolted up at the rear.

Anyone got any suggestions or has anyone found any slick and easy way to get
this done?

Thanks.

Alan

///