Re: tubes in Radial tires ?

To: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Subject: Re: tubes in Radial tires ?
From: "Tim Economu" <economu@whidbey.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 13:34:11 -0700
Hi Lawrie...
It's good to hear from you again.
Actually if you read my response (see below) that's what I said. I was
mainly agreeing with Blake's assertion that there was more heat buildup in
radials with tubes than without tubes.

> Tim said:
...I would believe that there is
much more heat generated in tube radials. It's the only explanation that has
been offered. But now I've been told by Bob Howard, that there is a tube
built for radials and a tube for bias ply. I will have to check with my tire

Kind regards,

Tim Economu
'69 MGBGT with wires and radials and yep....tubes