Sunday drive + traffic + inattentive driver = CRUNCH

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sunday drive + traffic + inattentive driver = CRUNCH
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:59:05 -0700
Hi all,

Driving in downtown Vancouver, BC, yesterday afternoon. Stopped in traffic.
The driver behind me wasn't paying attention and SLAM. Rear-Ended. No
injuries, (I have a bit of a crick in my lower back, but I think that was
more because of how I jumped hard on the brakes to keep from being pushed
into the car in front of me than the impact...)

Got a couple of questions...

The back bumper is twisted downward about 45 degrees in the middle, but
straight on the ends, repair or replace?

The trunk lid is a little bowed, the body under the trunk lid has some acute
dents from the over-riders, and the valence under the bumper is twisted...
repair or replace?

The exhaust system was pushed forward and broke loose of all it's mounts
along the bottom of the car, should I be looking around the manifold for
damage from this?

I think my rear axle (or something near it) is leaking oil...?

Could this impact damage the wire wheels/hubs in non-obvious ways?

Is there any thing I should be looking for that isn't apparent?

These are questions I would like to know the answers to before I get my
damage assessment by the adjuster tomorrow, (and having NEVER been in any
kind of accident before) if there is anything else that I should be looking
for...)

Thanks

Wil Boucher
1969 MGB.