RE: mgb windshield frame restoration

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: mgb windshield frame restoration
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:09:47 -0400
Craig-

1st choice is anodizing. You have to be careful powder coating as some of
the parts are a very tight fit. Some areas will need to be masked off. I
have seen several painted windshield frames that were very successfully
done. Frame was media blasted, primed with an aluminum primer & sealer, then
painted with the same paint as used on the body. Depending on the color some
looked good, some awful. I had a roadster with all the chrome removed, &
painted the frame semi-gloss black with a rattle can. Needed to be re-done
about once a year, but only took about 45 min to clean, tape, & spray.

Jim Stuart