RE: What Did You Do To Your Rostyles?

To: "'Tomsaudi200@aol.com'" <Tomsaudi200@aol.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: What Did You Do To Your Rostyles?
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 09:13:51 -0700
> Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
> The MG-equiped Rostyle wheel should be black and silver, just
> as it was
> intended.

 This weekend was the last straw for me.
> I went to the
> local farmer's market, and there was a Pageant Blue MGB with
> Pageant Blue
> painted Rostyles. The owner may as well have painted his
> sidewalls blue to
> complete the effect. WHY???
>
> Tom
> 78 Midget, black and silver Rostyles, as God intended

Why not?

Have a little tolerance.

I can't speak for God, but I'll lay odds that the factory would have been
happy to install expensive alloy 5 1/2 inch wheels on the later cars.
Unfortunately the target consumers were too cheap to pay for them.

Luckily a few specials got through, so we have the Jubilee, Anniversary and
LE models to use as examples of tasteful expensive wheels.

Rostyles are a good looking original wheel, but like everything else on the
car tastes are subjective.

Kelvin Dodd.
Thrown away many a Rostyle wheel.  Still have one set left.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list