Re: gas tank size and which had vents -

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: gas tank size and which had vents -
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:10:36 -0700
You are right. I rechecked my arithmetic using a different method and it
came out right this time. GIGO...

Your 65 could have a 10 (US 12) gallon tank, depending on when it was built.
Clausager shows the changeover to the large tank at Body #56743, March 1965.
BTW, he calls the large tank "12.7 gallons", which would be 15.25 gal. US.

Clausager shows the evaporative loss system beginning in Oct. 69 for NA
California cars only, with the rest of NA changing over in Aug. 70. So one
should check one's car # and date before assuming.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///