Re: Customer Service?

To: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>,
Subject: Re: Customer Service?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 16:58:23 -0400
>     This has always been my complaint with VB. Very poor after the sale
> customer relations. You buy it, you bought it.  Return it for any reason
you
> pay the costs.  How do they do it?
> They need some serious help in this area. A dedicated customer
> relation-problem solver would be a good start.  Plus a dedicated
parts/tech.
> help line.
>     They have become my last resort source and they made me that way.
>      Mark

They, Victoria British, do not want help in the customer service area.  It
is Leo Long's policy, as it would otherwise cut into his profits.  Leo Long
(owner of Long Motor Corp, of which Victoria British is a division) will
gleefully admit to hiring sympathetically devoid people who have no interest
in automobiles; I believe the remark he made in an interview was "if I hire
people with an interest in the cars, they will talk on the phones, and I
will lose money."  Therefore you will never see a dedicated customer
relations solver, or a dedicated parts technical help line.

For the exerpt of the article pertaining to Victoria British, search the
archives ( http://www.listquest.com ).  I believe the subject is something
like The VickyBrit Attitude.  Or search your old collection of Thoroughbred
& Classic Car for an early 90s issue containing the interview.

Keep in mind that Victoria British has no vested interest in our marques,
other than to make a profit.  Leo Long doesn't care if it's a GMC Truck part
or an Austin Healey part he's selling... and consequently the Long Motor
Corp., sells just about everything from Ford Ranger Pick-Up mudflaps to
Sunbeam Tiger emblems, to Datsun 280Z spoilers and MGB head gaskets.

I often wonder if addressing the situation with BMH would do anything to
have their BMH supplier status revoked.  But I believe the BMH supplier
status has more to do with how much you purchase from BMH and not how much
you cater to the enthusiast marques under BMH's authority.

Kai

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list