MGB drain plugs

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB drain plugs
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:34:21 -0400
Hi folks,

      In preparation for installing new carpeting in my 77B, I decided to
install a new sound deadening kit (Moss 409-128).  Would you believe that the
original sound deadening material is installed over the floor drain plugs?  The
original is not cut out to expose the plugs, nor is the replacement.  No wonder
there are so many B's with rotted floors.  It also explains why the DPO drilled
two drain holes in each side of my B's otherwise solid floors.

     These same drain plugs (for 1" diameter holes) are found in the trunk
(boot) on the raised areas at the rear of the fenders.  I'm missing one of them
from there.  The plugs don't seem to be listed in Moss' catalog and I can't find
them at Home Depot.  Anybody know where I can find a couple?

--
Bud Krueger
http://home.ici.net/~bkrueger/

///