Brands of engine Oil

To: gregbass@atlantadental.com
Subject: Brands of engine Oil
From: Martin <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 15:31:55 -0500
Greg,
One posting you claimed to be a system admin. for some company
with several years of experience,
now you claim to be just a user of MS products.
Which is it? I am just a user of MS products myself.
I have gotten many email now from geeks such as yourself
extolling the virtues of MS Outlook Go for it. I just
related a true life experience I had in not using MS Outlook.
I take it that it hurts your feelings when
someone says something about suggesting someone
might get a value out of NOT using MS Outlook.
I'm sorry Greg that I hurt your feelings for Microsoft
Outlook. My experince was real, however.
My using Netscape Messenger saved me from the
Mellisa and Love bug viruses.
To characterize this relating of my true life experience
as hate for Microsoft shows your stereotypes and bias.
I have never said anything about hating Microsoft.

I doubt I would have gotten so many negative
20W50 oil rather than Quaker State oil
in their LBCs.  I have personally
had good luck with Castrol and bad luck
with Quaker State. Greg let me apologize
in advance if my statement about Quaker State Oil
has hurt your fealings. I doubt that anyone on the list has
such an emotional bonding with brands of oil
as you and your fellow geeks have with brands of software.
I could be wrong, however.

Regards,

Martin

Greg Bass wrote:

> LOL.... Now I'm a geek simply because I use MS products. God how I love the
> stereotypes. Martin, I don't recall you simply saying "when I mentioned one
> could get a bit of added security by not using MS Outlook" What I see in
> your original (and all follow up posts) is someoe who has had his feelings
> hurt because everybody didn't jump on his anti MS bandwagon. And of course
> this is immediately followed by the name calling which you have been using.
> Now to clarify my point of view for Martin, and all the avid readers
> following this waste of bandwidth, I never said that you couldn't get a bit
> more security from some other products, I said that there are security
> problems related to all products that I am familiar with. You also have the
> trade offs related to user friendliness with some of these applications. But
> enough of this anyway. No one cares. And it will take a lot more than
> anything Martin can say to "touch a nerve" as he so states. Oh well...

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list