[OT] I was going to tell you, dear... really

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [OT] I was going to tell you, dear... really
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 08:42:11 +0930
Guys, a virus story I just have to tell (really...).

I set up a webpage for my dog (hey, my car got one so my dog got one:-)
and even an e-mail address under my domain name.

To prove that the SirCam virus doesn't discriminate, my dog just got
mailed a file from someone's computer (an interesting budget submission
spreadsheet, too).

Seriously though, this is a fantastic case for people to encrypt all the
sensitive files on their computer... someone is going to get REALLY
embarrassed by this virus when some REALLY, REALLY sensitive document
gets mailed to an unscrupulous person.

Just imagine if your secret spreadsheet of all the money you spent on
your car (and/or girlfriend) got mailed to someone who then forwarded it
to your WIFE!

urrk

(Yes, my computer is impervious to the virus, hence the opening of the
attachment, which I should have just deleted because it was a file that
the person did not mean for me to see - but, after deleting all the ones
before it, I finally cracked.  It is now deleted:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///